Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finite minds

Today I read a bit in Revelation, about where we will one day remain forever in the presence of God. I found it a bit humorous and strange that we should, as it says, have “His name on our foreheads.”…This is the mark of those who really truly love someone, and is not today found normal in any case. So as often, I told God that though we don’t understand this, how great He is and must be in beauty as he enables us to spend eternity with Him, and there also contain His very name on our heads!

Then as I was running and coming back to our aptmnt, I saw the sun reflecting off the snow as it so rarely does here, and as did the castle we can see in the distance was truly picture perfect. I thought it was a beautiful picture of how Christ IS reigning and will forevermore reign on His throne. His beauty is much like this, only better, than we can imagine. I also thought again how funny it will be to have his name there engraved, yet as I also remember not too long ago I did almost the very same thing that many adolescents do when overwhelmed with the attraction of another. I so ignorantly obsessed with my friends over the infamous Leonardo DiCaprio. We never ceased to write on paper, talk about, and buy necklaces bearing his name. I was taken with his appearance, as we so absurdly are often in this life, and it was nothing strange to me then to obsess in this way.

And so we were created, to worship, to obsess over and bear the name of one greater and more beautiful that we or anything we can imagine- only that beauty is found in our Lord whom we have yet to completely understand and behold before our eyes. I’m sure our finite minds incapable of knowing the truest beauty will set back, sigh, and have the biggest ah ha moment of our life, when we finally have before us the greatest one that ever was, is, and evermore will be.

1 comment:

  1. Rich, I remember your Leonardo DiCaprio stage well. I still have a couple of your necklaces that you left at my house.

    ReplyDelete