Thursday, July 15, 2010

Have you ever had a dream you felt was so real?

I know you have, because I think we all do. We wake up in a stupor as though we just got through an intense movie, and our life was as the main character!

In this case, I was held hostage for who knows what reason, but needless to say, it was a bit threatening. I began to ease in the situation while surrounded by people of evil intentions, as I found compassion within myself to ask them simply why they were doing what they were, and desiring also to share with them about Christ and give them hope beyond whatever or wherever their evil intentions were taking them.

I don't remember much else, but then this morning read on in Matthew where I've been studying for awhile, to refresh my memory of the verses where Jesus tells His disciples that we must not fear those who can kill the body but not the soul. Our soul belongs to God and noone out there can keep us from this eternal love and keeping. It was interesting as I had even awoke to thinking upon this verse, and was comforted by the fact that truely noone and nothing can keep us from our Lord-neither life nor death is to be feared with God on our side. Christ goes on to say that he brought the sword to divide and prove those who are worthy of Him- those who will deny, and follow Him.

As we are weak in flesh, He can be made stronger, and if we allow Him to be magnified in our lives and proven, He will then prove us true to His Father God in Heaven. Jesus is the way, the answer- the key to living this life with eternity in focus- as His life is life to us, and His death is also; so must be our lives- whether we live or die, to Him be all the glory.



I also thought on persecution recently as I read from a book full of stories of those who had undergone bouts of it. It brings questions to our minds as to why, etc. But we are then confirmed when and if we do go through this, just why and even beforehand, that it is inevitable in this life. From harsh to almost non existant as in these westernized countries it can be, we still have some answers even if not all fully explained. And so are my thoughts on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment