Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Songs of Scripture

There is nothing like reading the Word and a song pops up in your head. Music is a gift from God that I don't think we can thank Him enough for. What a blessing to help memorize!

John Foreman has multiple songs that ring in my head when reading Scripture.
God is my shepherd, I won't be wanting.
He makes me rest in fields of green, and quiet streams.
Even while I'm walking through the valley of death and dying.
I will not fear cause you are with me, you're always with me.

Shepherds staff comforts me....

So uplifting to the soul!

He also writes of this life in ways that bring to our minds the "ought-i-tude" I like to call it. We ought to think on these things; "a mirror is much harder to hold," "Learning How to Die," and so many more.

Thank God for language that expresses only the surface of the truth that lies at the feet of our lives' purpose. Thank God for His Spirit who intercedes for us as our words cannot express even the slightest of what He deserves.

But oh the mercy that follows us...just as the song also says "surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment