Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home


SO we are finally HOME. Whatever home really means; I suppose for us at this point home is truely only where the heart is. Our family and friends and various homes of the last three years are all so widespread, we believe finally now we will be here for a period of time longer than one year. It is a good feeling, yet as on the plane I listened to the ironic lyrics of Michael Buble's hit "Home," I found it nastalgically bringing me mixed thoughts as we returned "home." Home was where we lived in Germany, but home is also where friends and family are here in the states. The lyrics even mention places like Paris and Rome, and while we went to Paris and were only kept from going to Rome due to the recently cancelled flights, I resonate that it is great to travel, but home is by far the greatest place to be. I always read the life of the apostle Paul as seemingly exciting, and feel privileged to have been a part of now so many churches, ministries, and different people's lives. I guess that's why God's allowed us to do so.


And as we all know, our real home dosn't settle in till we are gone from this earth, and if we find Heaven our resting place. That will be our real home. Yet for now, it is good to say, we are finally "home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment