Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vanity


So we thoroughly enjoyed our recent nine hour flight filled with reading, relaxing and watching movies. From speculating on the lives of those in movie documentaries from the editor of Vogue, to the drug worn Rolling Stones. Oh how I do not desire the spotlight of vanity they enjoy- as it has brought them somewhat into hints of artificial realities of life. Touching the greatness of love and adoration, yet being in their overly elevated and improper positions, their lives are in bondage to outperform even themselves- a burden too heavy for any human being. Their professions in and of themselves can be fun, creative, and produce a life full of joy I believe, but IF a soul source of satisfaction- seem to prove empty, and ever changing. Fasion changes, rotating decades in between, and people, driven by the luxuries that only accessorize their egocentrically adorned bodies only for their own glory, are never a fun bunch to mingle with.


I realize that my fascination in watching them though, is proven by my own habits of watching reality movies and shows, and only reading non fiction and biographies. I do so because I love meeting new people, learning their lives, and understanding why they do what they do. I cannot even put down my pen when I watch them or read, as I am fascinated by the similarities in all people; the need for the basic loves, etc., and also continuous results in the lives of most people, whether different by culture or custom; seeking to enhance their current state of happiness by deriving it from false and boastful sources.


I rarely finish a movie, or a book- without a long lapse in between. I am always eager to meet the next character, and can't deal with too slowly drawn out plots. I tend to get lost in day dreaming, and need a purpose to my step. I'm sure there is some error to this, but I also see it as something that is ingrained in me for a reason, and I intend to try to use it.
I like to read a little, watch a little, and then write a lot.



Rich and I love to watch movies and see parallels into life, and even the Gospel, as far as the need for a Savior's love that is so everpresent. I also love to do the same as I write, and reflect on the lives of those who I in the moment surmise to be ever so short of this love. All I know is people's stories drive me, and I long to make them even more impactful by drawing these points out of them to show a world who needs to hear current testimonies of what we've already seen and heard written in God's Word. It's a wonder that when we read it we can actually prevent the chaotic lives that we too often produce by our ignorance. Let's take heed, and watch for our lives not to be caught in the same tread.

No comments:

Post a Comment