Saturday, June 19, 2010

HOPE drives

What drives you?

Rich told me today that he has to wonder why I am the way I am. And I retorted that I also wonder the same of him. I think that is just the nature of marriage, and living with another human being. We all tic the way we do because of a number of things; our family, our genes, and our situations in life. Even two people growing up together may handle the very same situation completely different; in the same way that those who grow up completely opposite may also handle the same situation the very same. We all have heros, life changing events, moments; and these all occur at different times and places, based on what I believe, is God's sovereignty in putting them there to make you who you are.

So it is, with my busy personality, that he wonders why I never stop. I came to a concise conclusion during the sermon today which out of Romans 8, pointed us to the fact that we have a hope- which is obviously not seen, because what is hope in something that is already seen? It isn't hope at all.

And so I have this hope, not just in the spiritual sense which does of course trump all other hopes, but I have hope in life. I truely hold strong faith in many things and avenues of exciting potential for life that I simply cannot stand to waste my life not pursuing them, almost to the point of error.

I cannot watch much tv, I cannot spend too much time doing the same thing as there is too much else out there to not be a part of. I cannot have one best friend (besides Rich:), and I cannot stand to take the Bible as I know it, and not search for more great truths yet to be learned.

God's Word has given us so much to uncover, that we scarcely understand all that He intends. I hope also that my life will be worth something to those who it touches, in the way of impact and inspiration, and as I know that no one leads others by sitting around and staying stagnant; I also cannot do this.

I think we all can have faith and hope in life that true joy comes from knowing our God, and the ability He gives us to learn about and contribute to this world He's created to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment