Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things better aged


There are a few things that get better with time. Besides wine and cheese, on a more serious note, marriage and our relationship with Christ. Now I say this hesitatingly, as likely just after I write, I will get into what may not be a huge fight, but some sort of disagreement, with Rich. Nevertheless I write that however altogether, I thank God for His love and friendship, more each day (most days:) and this thought came to me as I thought of other things that grow richer and better tasting with time, and as we all know that supposedly "good things come to those who wait."

So we've been married 2 plus years, and it is true that when done right, marriage gets better with time. I laugh as one friend once told us that nobody else could be married likewise to both Rich or I, as we were uniquely made for one another. Although that notion isn't true because we are all bound to not work perfectly with any other human being, at least we know as our relationship with Christ and understanding of His love AND forgiveness abounds in us, it is possible to grow together into a deeper love- contrary to the frivolent falling in and out of love theories. I write slightly from response to the book my Dad has pleaded with us to read " Family driven Faith," as the author writes with joy of the marraige that God has given Him, not due to His perfection but through what God has brought them to understand what marriage should be about.
Yesterday Rich told me, as He has many times before, that he has "fallen more in love with me today than yesterday." This is something I could unfortunately get too used to hearing, but currently, remain so thankful that it is not the opposite. I know not everyone has the best of marrital bliss, and on the contrary, many have completley opposite. I know we don't always, but that the work we put into it brings back much more gain that if we lived out our short lived bursts of frustration or whatever else. Thank God He never gives us more than we can handle- and that dosn't mean almost more than we can handle, just probably right to the point where we think we can no longer make it.

I don't say this to brag, as it is one thing in life that we can enjoy speaking of and still appear humble, as it is one of God's favorite institutions. I also say this because it is awesome to see the silly parallels in life, such as cheese and wine, in which God brings to us the lessons He wants us to understand most. Many things truely get better with time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment