Thursday, November 19, 2009

are you listening?

On Wednesday night we watched a film that was made in Germany called “Jesus Liebt Dich”. It was filmed by unbelievers about Christians coming to Germany during the 2006 world cup to witness to people. The people coming on the missions trip let these filmmakers follow them from before they went all the way until they left Germany. I laughed in amazement in the movie when they share the Gospel with others they don’t listen to the people they are trying to tell about Christ, nor do they really share the Gospel. Time and time again in this film they seemed to have little concern about what the people had to say, but insisted to pile “christianeze” on them. That night I laid in bed and thought about when I share the Gospel do I really know what I am saying and do I listen to the people’s questions. I know to the world the Gospel is foolish, but we need to be able to share it understandably. I also thought how many times we add religion into it instead of just the Gospel. I have prayed for opportunities to really share it and today I able to. I was talking with 3 of my co-workers on a break when the topic of religion came up. It was my turn and they asked me what my religion was. I shared what the difference was between religion and a relationship with Jesus Christ is, and shared scripture and the Gospel with them. We had a great discussion for 30 minutes if not longer. At the end of the day one co-worker talked to me more about it and I told them to read the book of John and I would bring them some good sermons too. I thank God for his Gospel and letting it be by grace through faith in Christ and not in myself or anything I can do. Here is a clip of the movie on youtube, I would recommend you buy this dvd, it is very interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLIABeXhB84&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment