Saturday, November 7, 2009

Life is harder than it looks

You name it, almost anything in life is easy to talk about or watch, but much harder to practice.

God gives us gifts which thankfully come easier than others, but then there are the times of proving what we can do, whether through marriage, school work, jobs, sports, music, etc. I've found that by working in a day care- it's easy to say I will persevere in this atmosphere where weeping and gnashing of teeth are a daily occurance, but when my spirits are low, I'm hungry, alone with ten wild ones, and my voice seems to be heard by none, my body wants to give up. Thank God He gives us strength to endure these times of weakness.



I also attempted to defeat the temptation to keep the same hair style I've so much enjoyed for the last ten years, and after braving the purchase, was surprised to come out with an evenly distributed reddish brown hair color. I began to doubt, as Peter did in the Bible when he stepped onto the water; as I squeezed the bottle filled with dye that contrasted very greatly the highlights that have become my usual thick head of hair, fear arose that had before reared itself during the first few disasters of this long lasting highlighting trend. The thought once again came to mind, that things are always harder than they look.



Happiness begets an accomplished choleric, but we must not readily accept this as a constant state, because once we get comfortable "acheiving" we should know all too well, that there will be yet something else to stump our abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment