Wednesday, November 11, 2009

comforters

I have just had a birthday and I think the older I get the more boring my gifts get. I have seen the progression in my life that started out with toys, then video games, then clothes, and now I am at the stage where I buy house hold items. This year, my choice of gift was affected by living in Germany. For some odd reason in Germany nobody has a big comforter nor sells them. A bed for 2 people will consist of 2 small comforters. You might find this odd, but let me explain this to you. Each person is given a little slat of comforter and is to thin to cover you when you turn and is to short to cover your feet if you are over 6 feet tall. I had to get 2 extra blankets to sleep at night to cover my back and my feet, there is nothing worse than being uncomfortable at night. I wonder how they sleep and have for years with this discomfort. I am not sure why they have their comforters like this but maybe either to make them tougher or for some eco reason, I don’t think anyone has a real answer. So for my birthday I asked for a real king size comforter from my parents and they got me one. I am wondering if I can bring a revolution of big comforters to Germany, by setting them free form sleeping hardships to sleeping joy.

1 comment: