Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1st day at the fair!

The first day in Germany was great! Julia is going to write later about the trip over, but I am going to share about our first day experience.

The pastors family that we are working with decided to take us to a local town fair. It was right down the road from where we are staying so we walked down and went through all the booths until we came to the rides. Now these German rides can only be dated by the ride displaying "Kid and Play" on the backdrop.
The first ride that we went on was one of those pirate ships that swings you upside down and around many times until you almost throw up. After I got off the ride I was given some peanuts and gingerbread, and then talked into another ride. I should have stopped because this ride was a crazy spinning one which went faster than any one I've ever been on in the states. As Julia and I rode with our friends, I started to realize that this ride seems to be longer and faster than usual.
At this point I started to feel my stomach sloshing back and forth. I knew at this point that I was going to throw up and asked Julia for the cup from the water that she had thankfully just gulped down before we got on the ride. As she gives it to me I start hurling in the cup, and as it spun from side to side I started missing the cup and throwing up and hitting everyone on the sides.

The ride finally ended, and as I got off somewhat spewn on my arms and legs, I waddled through the fair and back to our apartment. I felt so bad for the people that I hit, but I was comforted by the fact that this must happen to them all the time. Yet I wonder why would anyone stand by this ride.

Things are going great, and Julia will write later because her writing ability surpasses mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment