Monday, September 28, 2009

US vs Germany

There are many things we love about Germany, and there are a few we are getting used to. Today we went to Ramstein AF base. I knew I was in some sort of US territory when I had a heater IN my bathroom stall. We are lucky if the heat is actually ON inside sometimes here:) As Americans, our conservancy is much lower than Germans in that we heat whole houses, turn lights on, and don't recyle quite as much. I understand this way of life, it sure saves money- but I can't say I was too disappointed to find a surprise heater in the bathroom.

One thing they sure beat the US on though is cleanliness; and preparation. When in doubt, the toilet paper will never run out. They usually stock it several rolls high behind or to the side. A pet peave of mine is to not check before I choose my stall and get stuck with no tp, and yet in Germany you are secret safe even when you don't check! Thank God for the German mindset- fully prepared, and ready for anything!

*We've even got a florescent vest in our car we are borrowing- in case we get stuck on the road at night. Fashion statement or not, we WILL be safe:)

No comments:

Post a Comment