Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autobahn..- not so fast;/

Today I passed my German driver's license test. I learned something very inciteful; to study more than one time proves to be a good thing. I humbly admit I failed the first time, but only by two I have to disclaim. I feel a little more official as one who holds a new license in a new land, lets just hope I remember all the new rules! And as far as the autobahn goes, I think it's good if I avoid the passing lane there these first few months.

We went to our first mid week Bible study of which turned out to be cancelled due to the 'herbstfeiren' or fall break detaining many members. What was going to be our first 'hauskreis' ended up being a spontaneous movie night we imposed on our friends holding the what was going to be this 'hauskreis.' We watched "Marley and Me" for the second time; yet the first time 'auf Deutch.' They say this is good to do, to watch movies you know in the language you're learning, which supposively helps you much. Although very sad, I have to admit there is a lack of emotion emitted from a language that is not your own. It will be sometime, I believe, before we receive the eloquence that dresses communication when it is ordered just so. But the relationships we build in the process and the bit by bit we learn are all part of the road that leads to "Rome."
It will be built; we will learn this language:)

No comments:

Post a Comment