Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What we have done in a month

A month ago we left…
We first just want to thank everyone for praying for our journey here in Germany. We have seen God do so many amazing things already. Our major prayer request was for Julia and I to get jobs and to get our visas. Both of those things happened very quickly and we are amazed how quick God moved. We have not worked yet, but I am hoping to start on Friday after I get my finger printing done. Julia and I will both be working with children in a before and after school program. I can not tell you how many times we have been to the military base that we are working at. It seems like every couple of days we have been there to do paper work or to wait in a waiting room for medical clearances. We have had plenty to do as we have been waiting to start our jobs. I have a full load of seminary that I continue to work on and Julia is tutoring a boy in English 3 times a week. On top of that we are trying to learn German, which we will rev up when we get a routine schedule. We have made so many great connections with people inside and outside the church. We don’t lack things to do during the week, we are lacking time to fit it all in. Here is what we have done in our first month and is how you can continue to pray for us…

1. Received our visas
2. Received jobs that enable us to work at night with the churches events
3. I have gotten my German drivers license (Julia is going for hers tomorrow, pray!)
4. Massive piles of paper work that drive you crazy
5. I fined tuned my stick shifting skills (Julia already knew how)
6. Fixed the car we were given
7. Made many connections with people that Lord willing will only grow!
8. Painted our apartment
9. Went to IKEA
10. Drove to France for fun one day (we live only 30 minutes from there)
11. Told the glories of a horse sausage and was rebuked for not eating one yet
12. Disco slides
13. Fussball game

Prayer Request

1. Learn the language
2. For our group that we will be trying to start here in the near future
3. Spiritual wisdom
4. Job’s will be fun!
5. More people to be missionaries

We are in awe of the work that God continues to do here in Germany. Please continue to pray to where he might lead us in the future here! Thank you again for your prayers, they are felt and are coveted.

No comments:

Post a Comment